Monday 9 July 2012

Tuesday, July 10, {St. Veronica Giuliani, Virgin (Feast)}

REFLECTION FOR TODAY
Dismiss all anger and look into yourself a little. Remember that he of whom you are speaking is your brother, and, as he is in the way of salvation, God can make him a Saint, in spite of his present weakness.
-- St. Thomas of Villanova


READINGS FOR TODAY
Tuesday, July 10, {St. Veronica Giuliani, Virgin (Feast)}
First Reading: 2 Corinthians 4:6-11, 16, 17
6 The God who said, “Out of darkness the light shall shine!” is the same God who made his light shine in our hearts, to bring us the knowledge of God's glory shining in the face of Christ.
7 Yet we who have this spiritual treasure are like common clay pots, in order to show that the supreme power belongs to God, not to us.
8 We are often troubled, but not crushed; sometimes in doubt, but never in despair;
9 there are many enemies, but we are never without a friend; and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
10 At all times we carry in our mortal bodies the death of Jesus, so that his life also may be seen in our bodies.
11 Throughout our lives we are always in danger of death for Jesus' sake, in order that his life may be seen in this mortal body of ours.
Living by Faith
16 For this reason we never become discouraged. Even though our physical being is gradually decaying, yet our spiritual being is renewed day after day.
17 And this small and temporary trouble we suffer will bring us a tremendous and eternal glory, much greater than the trouble.

Psalm: Psalm 59:2, 10, 17-182 Save me from those evil people; rescue me from those murderers!
10 My God loves me and will come to me; he will let me see my enemies defeated.
17 I will praise you, my defender. My refuge is God, the God who loves me.

Gospel: Matthew 16:24-2724 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If any of you want to come with me, you must forget yourself, carry your cross, and follow me.
25 if you want to save your own life, you will lose it; but if you lose your life for my sake, you will find it.
26 Will you gain anything if you win the whole world but lose your life? Of course not! There is nothing you can give to regain your life.
For the Son of Man is about to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he will reward each one according to his deeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...