Sunday 6 November 2011

Monday, November 07, 2011 (Weekday)

REFLECTION FOR TODAY
Stretch forth your hand towards God as an infant towards its father to be conducted by Him.
-- St. Francis de Sales


READINGS FOR TODAY
First Reading: Wisdom 1:1-7

(The Search for Justice)

1 Love justice, you rulers of the world. Set your minds sincerely on the Lord, and look for him with all honesty.
2 Those who do not try to test him will find him; he will show himself to those who trust him.
3 Dishonest thoughts separate people from God, and if we are foolish enough to test him, his power will put us to shame.

4 Wisdom will never be at home with anyone who is deceitful or a slave of sin.
5 Everyone who is holy has learned to stay away from deceitful people. He will not stay around when foolish thoughts are being expressed; he will not feel comfortable when injustice is done.
(God Is Aware of What We Say)
6 Wisdom is a spirit that is friendly to people, but she will not forgive anyone who speaks against God, for God knows our feelings and thoughts, and hears our every word.
7 Since the Lord's spirit fills the entire world, and holds everything in it together, she knows every word that people say.
Psalms: Psalm 139:1-10
(God's Complete Knowledge and Care)

1 Lord, you have examined me and you know me.
2 You know everything I do; from far away you understand all my thoughts.
3 You see me, whether I am working or resting; you know all my actions.
4 Even before I speak, you already know what I will say.
5 You are all around me on every side; you protect me with your power.
6 Your knowledge of me is too deep; it is beyond my understanding.
7 Where could I go to escape from you? Where could I get away from your presence?
8 If I went up to heaven, you would be there; if I lay down in the world of the dead, you would be there.
9 If I flew away beyond the east or lived in the farthest place in the west,
10 you would be there to lead me, you would be there to help me.
Gospel: Luke 17:1-6
(Sin)

1 Jesus said to his disciples, “Things that make people fall into sin are bound to happen, but how terrible for the one who makes them happen!
2 It would be better for him if a large millstone were tied around his neck and he were thrown into the sea than for him to cause one of these little ones to sin.
3 So watch what you do!
“If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.
4 If he sins against you seven times in one day, and each time he comes to you saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.”
(Faith)
5 The apostles said to the Lord, “Make our faith greater.”
6 The Lord answered, “If you had faith as big as a mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘Pull yourself up by the roots and plant yourself in the sea!’ and it would obey you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...