Tuesday 25 October 2011

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 (Weekday)

REFLECTION FOR TODAY
I will see the hand of God in all that happens to me, attributing nothing to individual people, who are but  instruments used by Him in the work of my sanctification.
-- Blessed Raphaela Mary


READINGS FOR TODAY
First Reading: Romans 8:26-30

26 In the same way the Spirit also comes to help us, weak as we are. For we do not know how we ought to pray;  the Spirit himself pleads with God for us in groans that words cannot express.
27 And God, who sees into our hearts, knows what the thought of the Spirit is; because the Spirit pleads with God on behalf of his people and in accordance with his will.
28 We know that in all things God works for good with those who love him, those whom he has called according to his purpose.
29 Those whom God had already chosen he also set apart to become like his Son, so that the Son would be the first among many believers.
30 And so those whom God set apart, he called; and those he called, he put right with himself, and he shared his glory with them.

Psalms: Psalm 13:4-6
4 Don't let my enemies say, “We have defeated him.” Don't let them gloat over my downfall.
5 I rely on your constant love; I will be glad, because you will rescue me.
6 I will sing to you, O Lord, because you have been good to me.

Gospel: Luke 13:22-30
(The Narrow Door)

22 Jesus went through towns and villages, teaching the people and making his way toward Jerusalem.
23 Someone asked him, “Sir, will just a few people be saved?”
Jesus answered them,
24 “Do your best to go in through the narrow door; because many people will surely try to go in but will not be able.
25 The master of the house will get up and close the door; then when you stand outside and begin to knock on the door and say, ‘Open the door for us, sir!’ he will answer you, ‘I don't know where you come from!’
26 Then you will answer, ‘We ate and drank with you; you taught in our town!’
27 But he will say again, ‘I don't know where you come from. Get away from me, all you wicked people!’
28 How you will cry and gnash your teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets in the Kingdom of God, while you are thrown out!
29 People will come from the east and the west, from the north and the south, and sit down at the feast in the Kingdom of God.
30 Then those who are now last will be first, and those who are now first will be last.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...