Friday 16 September 2011

Saturday, September 17, 2011 {The Sacred Stigmata of Saint Francis of Assisi (Feast)}

REFLECTION FOR TODAY
Don't be anxious about what you have, but about what you are!
-- Pope St. Gregory the Great


READINGS FOR TODAY
First Reading: Galatians 6:14-18

14 As for me, however, I will boast only about the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ; for by means of his cross the world is dead to me, and I am dead to the world.
15 It does not matter at all whether or not one is circumcised; what does matter is being a new creature.
16 As for those who follow this rule in their lives, may peace and mercy be with them—with them and with all of God's people!
17 To conclude: let no one give me any more trouble, because the scars I have on my body show that I am the slave of Jesus.
18 May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all, my friends. Amen!!!


Psalms: Psalm 99:2-5
2 The Lord is mighty in Zion; he is supreme over all the nations.
3 Everyone will praise his great and majestic name. Holy is he!
4 Mighty king, you love what is right; you have established justice in Israel; you have brought righteousness and fairness.
5 Praise the Lord our God; worship before his throne! Holy is he!

Gospel: Luke 9:23-26
23 And he said to them all, “If you want to come with me, you must forget yourself, take up your cross every day, and follow me.
24 For if you want to save your own life, you will lose it, but if you lose your life for my sake, you will save it.
25 Will you gain anything if you win the whole world but are yourself lost or defeated? Of course not! 26 If you are ashamed of me and of my teaching, then the Son of Man will be ashamed of you when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...